September 18, 2019
Today will be a continuation on last class with a deeper dive into analog output from the Arduino. We will be talking about how the Arduino generates a “fake” analog output using pulse width modulation (PMW) which is represented by the “~” symbol. We will also be using an oscilloscope to visualize how a PMW actually works.
- Fun with DC motors. Git ➔
- Generating sound with speakers. Git ➔
- Heart rate sensors and the serial plotter. Git ➔
- Fun with servo motors. Git ➔
- Using I2C communication for more complex sensors like accelerometers, gyroscopes, temperature/humidity sensors, etc.
In Class Assignment/Homework
Review the labs that were covered in class this week, and come up with a simple yet creative application using digital or analog input and output. Post your experiments to your blog. Include videos and images.